Life Style Lift

This Blog is dedicated to my goal to change my life. In this blog you will read of my trials, triumphs and tests into improving the quality of my life and that of my family's life. It will start out with basic things, things I have influence over and will move on to more intricate changes. This blog will read like a diary, one of my goals is to update it daily, noting a small change I have made or maintained during that day.

From food to fitness, spending money to saving money, setting goals and achieving goals, and everything in between. Stay tuned to see how my Lifestyle Lift pays off!!

Friday, June 25, 2010

Weight Loss Goal Update

So I am almost to the end of my four weeks.  The time has flown by!!  But I have some positive things to report.  My four week goal was to lose 10 pounds, unfortunately that may have been a bit of a lofty goal beacuse I have not lost ten pounds.  However, I am not upset by this, I am actually happy with the progress I have made.

I had decided that in order for me to lose the weight I would have to do six things consistently.  These six things were exercising, cutting out junk food and pop, eating 6 servings of fruits or veggies a day, drinking 6 glasses of water, and not eating after 8 pm.  My most successful areas were cutting out pop, and not eating after 8 pm.  Adrian tried to foil my plans a few nights by eating in bed, but I think my not eating after 8 has also influenced him as he has not eaten in bed half as much as he used to.  I was also very successful at drinking at least 6 glasses of water a day.  I did notice that since I have started this, that when I do not drink those 6 glasses I get headaches and don't feel too good.  I welcome those feelings becasue then I will be encouraged to drink water in order to continue to feel good.  Junk food is my nemisis, in this I include chips and chocolate bars and fast food.  In this four week time I have eaten two meals from a fast food restaurant, and I have indulged a couple times in chips and sweet snacks.  The bonus of this is that I am cognizant of what I am eating and I am not ingesting as much as I would if I were not keeping track.  I have cut out pop from my diet (YEAH ME) because I was addicted to pepsi and I have only drank pepsi on one occassion and that was at the wedding.  Exercise has been the most disappointing goal.. and I can only blame myself.  I started picking up with the whole exercising then I let it fall out again.. But I am going to change my goals for the next four weeks to be more specific especially with the exercising portion.

So now for the good news! I have three different sizes of pants, I have my fat ass pants, my acceptable size pants, and my desirable sized pants.  Nevermind what those actual sizes are lol.... But when I realized that I was living this horrible nightmare of me vs the scale, I was only able to squeeze into my fat ass pants...  couldn't even pull my desirable sized pants up over my extra large thighs.  Today I was able to pull on all my acceptable size pants and do them up comfortably.  It's time for a celebration!!!! Not a really big celebration but a little one.

Just remember it's those small steps that will consistently and assuredly lead us to what we want, the big leaps often leave us with less then sure footing so we fall back and often have to start again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment