Life Style Lift

This Blog is dedicated to my goal to change my life. In this blog you will read of my trials, triumphs and tests into improving the quality of my life and that of my family's life. It will start out with basic things, things I have influence over and will move on to more intricate changes. This blog will read like a diary, one of my goals is to update it daily, noting a small change I have made or maintained during that day.

From food to fitness, spending money to saving money, setting goals and achieving goals, and everything in between. Stay tuned to see how my Lifestyle Lift pays off!!

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Setting Goals

I have never been good at setting goals, or sticking to them.  Often times I will set them then promptly forget about them until something reminds me that I have not been fulfilling my goals.  Well that is the first change I wish to make.... I am going to set goals and stick with.  I am going to set 4 long term goals and then I will set 3 short term goals for each of those long term goals.  That way I can see myself progressing.  As I reach a short term goal I will re-evaluate the long term goal and make changes I see fit.  I will never lessen the goal, but I will increase it if it seems like the mark is too easy to reach.  Especially if it is only a partial goal.

So after much consideration here are my first four long term goals:
  1. By August 1, 2011 I will be 150-155 pounds in weight, which will put me at roughly a size 8.
  2. By August 1, 2011 my diet will consist of 6 glasses of water, 5 servings of fruits or veggies, 1-2 servings of protein and 1-2 dairy servings and 3 carbohydrates, completely eliminating fast food, chips, candy bars and soda.
  3. By November 2010 I will have a budget by which I live reducing my spending and creating a lifestyle that is cash based only, using credit cards to secure purchases only.
  4. By October 2010 I will have a set routine for my daily life with little man, this will include getting up in the morning and going to sleep by 10:30 -11:00 every night.
I have set these long term goals and will post separate blogs with explanations into my short term goals that will enable me to reach my long term goals.  With the wedding approaching in just over a year I want to be healthy, and looking fabulous, with no money stresses from the big day!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment