Life Style Lift

This Blog is dedicated to my goal to change my life. In this blog you will read of my trials, triumphs and tests into improving the quality of my life and that of my family's life. It will start out with basic things, things I have influence over and will move on to more intricate changes. This blog will read like a diary, one of my goals is to update it daily, noting a small change I have made or maintained during that day.

From food to fitness, spending money to saving money, setting goals and achieving goals, and everything in between. Stay tuned to see how my Lifestyle Lift pays off!!

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Taking Back Control

The other morning started as all other mornings do in my house, the waking up to a baby crying and two other members of my household preparing to go to work and school.  Slowly, the baby and decided to begin our day.  I got up checked my emails and Facebook accounts, I always check my emails first as they will tell me if there is anything interesting on Facebook that requires my attention.  I turned on the television to have Ellen playing in the background.  I served myself breakfast and made breakfast for the baby.  I had two English muffins with pb and j, the baby had cereal.  After I changed baby into a clean diaper and outfit for the day I placed him down on the floor in my room so I could begin to get dressed.  That's when disaster struck!! 
I had grabbed a pair of jeans out of my clean laundry basket.  I pulled those jeans on, right leg first then the left leg.  I hoisted the jeans up over my knees, skimming over my thighs and tugging over my arse to my waist.  (Not really my waist but two inches below as is the style of this particular pair of jeans.)  Placing my hands on either side of the buttons I pulled,  and pulled and yanked to make the button hole and button meet, but WHAT THE HECK (wth)!!!  I couldn't make these two meet, there was a solid inch of skin in the way of letting this happen!!! These were jeans I had only worn last week WTH!!
So out of the blue I had packed on a bunch of weight, weight I never saw coming.  I didn't think I was eating like a porker, or gorging myself to justify gaining so much weight and frankly so many inches.  I don't feel like I look fat, I don't feel like I am obese.  Ok maybe obese is an exaggeration but I don't think my WII Fit will agree.  It will most likely call me obese. 
How come it always seems to go this way??  You are always very conscience of when you are losing weight because of all the effort you are exerting to get to your desired weight, but when you gain weight it happens so slyly that it just smacks you in the face one day when you least expect it.  I had thought I was losing weight or at least maintaining my weight, but nope, not EVEN close.  Has this ever happened to you?  It's the time when you realize you are simply a passenger in YOUR life's drive, not the DRIVER.  It is at the time when you are simply going through the motions and the motions have made you sedentary and unhappy. 
The unhappy reality, for me, is this has very recently happened to me.  I am letting too many outside variables direct my life and I have decided to make over my life.  From this day forward I am taking back control and giving my Lifestyle a Lift. 
Like a face lift, my Lifestyle Lift will take me to a point in my life that is very altered from here, where I will be healthy and happy with all the choices in my life. 
Do not be surprised to hear me talking about the 7 habits of Highly Effective People, or Grace Cirocco, or The Secret because these are influences I have come across and I feel the need to incorporate them into my life.
First things first let's set some goals!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow... good for you Jenn!!!! You have inspired me to try and set some goals as well.... thank you!!

    ReplyDelete