Life Style Lift

This Blog is dedicated to my goal to change my life. In this blog you will read of my trials, triumphs and tests into improving the quality of my life and that of my family's life. It will start out with basic things, things I have influence over and will move on to more intricate changes. This blog will read like a diary, one of my goals is to update it daily, noting a small change I have made or maintained during that day.

From food to fitness, spending money to saving money, setting goals and achieving goals, and everything in between. Stay tuned to see how my Lifestyle Lift pays off!!

Monday, August 23, 2010

Update Goal #4

Goal #4 Update:
By October 2010 I will have a set routine for my daily life with little man, this will include getting up in the morning and going to sleep by 10:30 -11:00 every night.

I am going back over my four goals and looking at deadlines.  One of the first goals that needs to be accomplished or re-evaluated is goal number four.  I didn’t think this would be a hard goal, and it hasn’t been overly difficult, but sometimes I just don’t feel like doing things.

I came up with a morning schedule. In my morning schedule I would get up by 6 am and do a thirty minute work out.  After my workout I would make a smoothie for myself and let Little Man have part of his breakfast.  After we had eaten our breakfast then I would go and shower.  Little man would be with big brother if big brother was home or he would be in the bathroom with me whilst I showered and did my hair and makeup.  So the schedule went something like this…. Exercise, smoothie, shower, wash face, brush teeth, get dressed, hair, makeup, get little man ready for school, ensure that big brother was ready to go and then out the door for us (this would be true if I had a job, but school starts next week, and I think I should be good!!).

I also came up with my evening schedule.  At night I would shower, wash my face, brush my teeth, get my pajamas on, take pills and vitamins, and read or write for 15 minutes.  Those things have been going well. It helps to have a routine in place for after I put Little Man to bed because often I feel like my whole world is only about Little Man and that should not be the case.  I will admit that he should be a large part of my life, but I should still be able to have me time.  So it’s nice to have a routine in place that is just about me!!

With that being said I have determined that there are some changes that need to be made.  One showering twice a day is too much, my skin was getting dried out and I am not in the habit of washing my hair every day.  So I have decided that I will shower in the mornings, then every other night so I can wash my hair.  The other thing I determined is that the trying to fit everything in an hour and a half is doable but I can extend the time if I need to.  I have the ability to be flexible. 

So with a little tweaking in the next little bit I will be able to have a working routine for my life as I prepare to return to the working world.  I have been working on this routine for two weeks now.  Week one was an amazing success, week two not so much, but week three is starting out better.  I have two more weeks to go and then I will be well established with my routine, it should be a habit by then!!

No comments:

Post a Comment