Life Style Lift

This Blog is dedicated to my goal to change my life. In this blog you will read of my trials, triumphs and tests into improving the quality of my life and that of my family's life. It will start out with basic things, things I have influence over and will move on to more intricate changes. This blog will read like a diary, one of my goals is to update it daily, noting a small change I have made or maintained during that day.

From food to fitness, spending money to saving money, setting goals and achieving goals, and everything in between. Stay tuned to see how my Lifestyle Lift pays off!!

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Give up or Give In

Not sure what happened last night but it was a rough night.  Little Man went to bed around 7:30 which is becoming more and more usual.  I wish he would stay up until 8:00 then both boys would be going down around the same time.  Yes my 11 year old still goes to be around 8, his choice.  So Little Man is a little out of sorts lately, he is cranky and is waking up again in the middle of the night.  All he wants is to cuddle so I am not sure what's going on with him.  Last night he woke up at 1:30 and again at 4:00.  Usually it only takes around 10 minutes to soothe him the first time he wakes up and at 4 I would usually pull him into bed for his morning feeding.  But not last night, he cried for over half an hour and only fell back asleep when I laid with him on the couch, but even then, he kept thrashing around and tossing like he couldn't get comfortable.  It made for a very long night for me.

I have been following my night routine, but getting out of bed this morning at 6 am was not something high on my priority list.  Then I didn't know if I was going to do my exercise routine or anything for that matter.  I seriously considered taking a lazy day.  However, better judgement won out and I got up at 6:40 and made smoothies for Adrian and I then started my work out at 7.  So I was an hour behind schedule but I still got up and followed my routine.

It was hard making that first step to get out of bed and turning on the work out DVD was another hard task but once I had done it I just got going and I feel so great!!  I am happy I did my routine and work out, it has set the tone for the day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment