Life Style Lift

This Blog is dedicated to my goal to change my life. In this blog you will read of my trials, triumphs and tests into improving the quality of my life and that of my family's life. It will start out with basic things, things I have influence over and will move on to more intricate changes. This blog will read like a diary, one of my goals is to update it daily, noting a small change I have made or maintained during that day.

From food to fitness, spending money to saving money, setting goals and achieving goals, and everything in between. Stay tuned to see how my Lifestyle Lift pays off!!

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Life Style Life Interrupted

I have been working so hard to reach my weight loss that goal that I seem to neglect my other goals.....  I tend to do that get very focused on one thing and put blinders on to the rest.  I am getting up every morning and turning on my work out DVD.  I am feeling that I am going to have to start doing some other things as well to increase the effectiveness of this work out routine, but so far it's going great.

One happy thing to report is I have been watching my scale.  I have completed 14% of my weight loss goal, and dropped 6 pounds.  See now I am encouraged because I am seeing changes, not really seeing them in my clothes fit yet but it will come give me another 6 pounds and I will be floating down the road.  I guess it is true about working out, you will hit that hump where it just seems like everything is for naught, then all of a sudden you make it over and Voila things are moving forward.

Do I still have changes to make??  Most definitely, and I will make them.  Hopefully my family will support me in this and hopefully they will stop trying to sabotage my momentum.  Little Man is the worse for this at present.  He is not sleeping through the night again and he wakes up at odd hours just completely out of sorts.  I feel he may be teething, so hopefully this will end soon and he will get back into his routine. Tonight we are home alone and no one has to get up to work in the morning so he gets to cry it out.  I know it seems mean but I will go in and comfort him for a bit then it is time for him to fall back asleep and if that means he has to cry for an extended period of time then so be it.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Jen! I am so proud of you and knew that you could do it. It's always about baby steps when it comes to weight loss and getting to where you want/need to be!

    Keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete