Life Style Lift

This Blog is dedicated to my goal to change my life. In this blog you will read of my trials, triumphs and tests into improving the quality of my life and that of my family's life. It will start out with basic things, things I have influence over and will move on to more intricate changes. This blog will read like a diary, one of my goals is to update it daily, noting a small change I have made or maintained during that day.

From food to fitness, spending money to saving money, setting goals and achieving goals, and everything in between. Stay tuned to see how my Lifestyle Lift pays off!!

Sunday, April 22, 2012

OMG What have I done?!?!?!

Recently I uploaded some pictures from my birthday party in March.  My first thought was, "I really like my new shirt!" Which was followed by a more 'surprising' thought, "but man do I look fat!"  Omg I did not just think that, but unfortunately as I peered at the photo a little more, I realized that it was true.  I had gained weight yet again.

Who's fault is this weight gain, well none other than yours truly, I mean I can't really blame anyone else, I ate the food, I stopped the exercise program, I did all that, no one else, so I am the one who is to blame.  Yup that was me.

I haven't stepped on a scale to see how much I weigh I really don't need the scale to be taunting me as well, I do a good enough job at that as it is already.  But it has definitely lit a fire under my ass, I mean I don't want to be the fat mom, I want to be the healthy has lot's of energy, and hey my mom looks good mom.  I don't expect to have changes over night, I know this is an arduous battle, I have been in this spot before, about 18 months ago actually, and I am here again, so now I know I need to make a change.

I am going to talk to my doctor about it at my next appointment, I mean the weight gain is a little surprising I didn't feel I was being that negligent on my eating habits, maybe a little, but not to this extreme.  So I want to rule out any medical reason for the weight gain, then I am going to "diet".  But not really diet, I am going to track my food intake and I will post weekly results here, to keep me on track.  I don't know who all reads this but I don't want to be eating crap and having you all judge me for it.  And I am going to exercise every day, so when I post my weekly food log, you will also see my weekly exercise log.  And my total earnings that I am going to reward myself with.

So the plan is this, for every day I am within 200 calories +/- my daily caloric intake of 1400 I get $2.  For every day that do at least 30 minutes of cardio exercise I get $1 and for every day that I do 30 minutes of strength toning exercises I get $1.  So I can potentially earn $4 a day.  This will go for 6 weeks.  At the end of 6 weeks we will check our progress and go from there.  This will start tomorrow so tomorrow I will measure and weigh myself then post the results here.  Not the weight, I will just post my % lost after on each weeks update.

Ok here we go 6 weeks to a new me!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment