Life Style Lift

This Blog is dedicated to my goal to change my life. In this blog you will read of my trials, triumphs and tests into improving the quality of my life and that of my family's life. It will start out with basic things, things I have influence over and will move on to more intricate changes. This blog will read like a diary, one of my goals is to update it daily, noting a small change I have made or maintained during that day.

From food to fitness, spending money to saving money, setting goals and achieving goals, and everything in between. Stay tuned to see how my Lifestyle Lift pays off!!

Monday, April 11, 2011

Springing Forward with Healthy living

I love the spring!! I love summer, I like fall and I tolerate winter (only because I am not yet rich enough to move away from here and live where it's hot during those dark black and white months).  But I love spring because of all the changes that are happening and the burst of energy I always feel at spring time.  I want to be outside more, I enjoy being outside walking around and doing other outdoor activities. 

Spring is going to be a great time for me to cement in these new habits.  I will become more active and my eating habits have definitely changed.  Spring is the time of year that helps motivate me to see what is new with the world.  The trees are budding, pussy willows are peeking out, birds are singing, gophers are digging holes (although this isn't always great, I hate twisting my ankles in those holes). 

I have made a decision, while I was taking myself off regular pops, I switched to Diet pops, mostly diet Pepsi, but now with Spring I have decided that I am going to stop drinking pops altogether.  I am going to finish the last of the diet pop in my house and then that is IT!! No more pops for me, I will drink strictly fruit juices, water, teas and coffees.  Even when I eat out I am going to keep this restriction.  It's going to be tough, because I love my cold drinks in the spring, but I am willing to give it a try. 

So now I am changing my diet a little again, because I am trying to cut out all carbonated drinks.  I think I can do it!! In fact I know I can do it, I did it once before for lent, so that was 40 days, here's to 40 days plus with no carbonated bevies!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment