Life Style Lift

This Blog is dedicated to my goal to change my life. In this blog you will read of my trials, triumphs and tests into improving the quality of my life and that of my family's life. It will start out with basic things, things I have influence over and will move on to more intricate changes. This blog will read like a diary, one of my goals is to update it daily, noting a small change I have made or maintained during that day.

From food to fitness, spending money to saving money, setting goals and achieving goals, and everything in between. Stay tuned to see how my Lifestyle Lift pays off!!

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Bikini Season over wedding Date?!?!

So today I am going swimming with the family again.  Actually Chandler may be opting out to go play badminton, but the rest of us are going swimming.  I forgot to do laundry this week (actually not forgot, neglected would be a better description) so my swimsuit from last week is still not clean so I was forced to try on my dreaded bikinis from before I was pregnant. 

Quaking as I pulled out the four different swimsuits (all bikinis) I laid them on my bed.  I knew two would be tight squeezes and I did not want to go to looking like a sausage to the pool, so I immediately put them back.  I tried on a pair of board shorts, but they gave me that horrible muffin top look and I did not want that at all.  So I took a deep breathe and tried on the other two suits. 

At my skinniest I had a bikini that I had to actually tie into a knot on the top part for it to fit me properly, I tried that one on first.  The bottoms fit nicely, but the top was a little tight, except when I undid the knot it was a little loose so there was no happy medium.  Which left me with my last suit to try.

It was one I had bought at my skinniest, but it was a bit big, so I never got much chance to wear it.  I had high hopes that it would fit without creating extra rolls on my body.  I turned around and faced my dresser mirror and was pleasantly surprised with what I saw reflected back at me.  There was no excess baggage, no extra rolls that aren't normally there.  Actually, I was missing some rolls from the last time I had tried on a bathing suit that was not my maternity bathing suit.  I know so sad. 

So now I have an added incentive to get into shape for this summer, I want to rock it out in a bikini, I want to feel comfortable walking down the beach in just my bikini and know that I look like the hottest chick on the beach.  Well at least in Adrian's eyes and honestly that's already the case but I want the other boys on the beach to be jealous of what Adrian's caught.  ME!!! 

So superficial, but I can't wait!!!  It's going to happen.  I may post a picture later, if I am feeling up for it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment