Life Style Lift

This Blog is dedicated to my goal to change my life. In this blog you will read of my trials, triumphs and tests into improving the quality of my life and that of my family's life. It will start out with basic things, things I have influence over and will move on to more intricate changes. This blog will read like a diary, one of my goals is to update it daily, noting a small change I have made or maintained during that day.

From food to fitness, spending money to saving money, setting goals and achieving goals, and everything in between. Stay tuned to see how my Lifestyle Lift pays off!!

Thursday, January 27, 2011

oh my poor finger

So I am coaching Junior boys Basketball this year, and it's part of my activity level.  I really enjoy basketball and I am having fun with my team at our practices and the games.  It's a good thing we are having fun because they aren't winning but they are definitely improving.  We started out with 18 boys and I now have 11.  But basketball and I are a dangerous mix.


When I was in school I played basketball in junior high, in high school I lost interest and was working so I could not give up my time for sports.  I sometimes regret that decision but it is what it is.  However, I don't think i was a bad player, I do think I was an easily injured player.  I don't remember a season of basketball passing without me taping up at least four different fingers in buddy splints and an ankle.  I remember having a middle finger and a ring finger that more closely resembled sausages then actual fingers.  I remember hobbling around on crutches and taping my joints all the time.  So I was a little accident prone when I played basketball.  I had hoped that I had outgrown this unfortunate hazard, but apparently I have not.


Today at practice I jammed a knuckle on my pointer finger of my right hand.  I don't think it's broken because I can bend it and stuff, but it hurts to extend my finger and bend it into a fist.  But i have movement, it feels more like it needs to be cracked or popped back into place.  Hopefully it will heal quickly, because it is very awkward trying to type with a buddy splint.

No comments:

Post a Comment