Life Style Lift

This Blog is dedicated to my goal to change my life. In this blog you will read of my trials, triumphs and tests into improving the quality of my life and that of my family's life. It will start out with basic things, things I have influence over and will move on to more intricate changes. This blog will read like a diary, one of my goals is to update it daily, noting a small change I have made or maintained during that day.

From food to fitness, spending money to saving money, setting goals and achieving goals, and everything in between. Stay tuned to see how my Lifestyle Lift pays off!!

Monday, January 16, 2023

Week three

 It is absolutely amazing to me the dedication I have put into this journey. I mean I have always put in this type of dedication but it usually wanes by week three. And so far that hasn't happened.

I have not found excuses to avoid a workout, sometimes I do not do a full cycle and strength workout, but I always do something, yoga or even meditation.

Sure meditation might not get my cardio heart rate up but it is helping me with my focus, with my staying attached to these goals, it also gives me the grace to be ok if I don't put in a hard workout. Usually my meditation days do come after I have closed my exercise ring, so for what it's worth I am still getting in some activity according to my watch (How somedays I have no idea)

Journalling isn't going as great as I would have hoped, I mean it's better than it was before but I still forget or just don't do it, it's more consistent than it's been in the past, yet I don't journal as I feel I should. There I go shoulding on myself. That's something I'd like to stop this year.

Stretching, this is still a work in progress, but I have incorporated a couple of yoga routines into my weekly schedule to help with that. It's still a workout but it's a stretch too. I've found a couple on the Peloton App that are amazing (Dennis Morton Flow for Riders!!!) and the hip flows. I think I need to do a few feet and wrist flows as well because those are trouble areas during some of my workouts.

It's been one week into the second half of the school year and I have completed some type of activity every day, I think I had 5 workouts (cycling, core and strength) last week and I have done my workout today, tomorrow will be interesting I have signed in to do a live ride with Ally Love (she's one of my favs) but it is at 5:30, I'm usually up by this time when I don't have to be, I just don't know how it will go when I actually have to wake up for it. Fingers crossed it all goes well. I am trying to time my cycles so that I can jump on a live ride for my 100th Cycle, it would be so cool to get a shout out and to also get a PR that ride as well. 

I have a goal to read 55 books again this year, I have read 3 books already and finished one audio book. I think I have gotten back into my reading groove and it is refreshing, still working on the intentionality of my reading during the day so that it's purposeful and helps me settle for the night.




I'm not sure if these progress photos are showing in changes, I know the scale is changing, recording lower weights and less body fat. But I am going to keep taking them because this is a journey and not a destination.





Also I do feel like there are changes and they are subtle, and soon others will notice, but at the end of the day, this is for me, for my confidence, my health and my self esteem. This isn't a journey for anyone else or for anyone else to comment on. I know it's not reaching an audience because I don't share this and I have no plans to.






The one thing I notice though is how long my hair is! It's incredibly long now and it's pretty healthy!



No comments:

Post a Comment