Life Style Lift

This Blog is dedicated to my goal to change my life. In this blog you will read of my trials, triumphs and tests into improving the quality of my life and that of my family's life. It will start out with basic things, things I have influence over and will move on to more intricate changes. This blog will read like a diary, one of my goals is to update it daily, noting a small change I have made or maintained during that day.

From food to fitness, spending money to saving money, setting goals and achieving goals, and everything in between. Stay tuned to see how my Lifestyle Lift pays off!!

Saturday, January 7, 2023

Journey to Health 2023 Update 1

 Last week I set some lofty but doable goals for myself this year. I think Tunde (from Peloton) calls them standards. I set standards for myself to help me reach my lofty goal of getting in shape and being strong in 2023. I am going into my 44th year on this planet with a driven mindset.

What I recognize right now is it is super easy because 9 hours of my day are not dedicated to work, or having to drive the children to various appointments. Having those 9 hours free makes it so easy to work out for 30-60 minutes, journalling for 15 or reading for 15. There is so much time in the day to do all those things. When those 9 hours are dedicated to work and fulfilling my role as a taxi driver for my children it is not as easy.

So how do I overcome these impending barriers???

I plan, if you fail to plan you plan to fail. So I have to dedicated some of my free time on the weekends, finding recipes for supper and having them ready to go (Crockpot, instapot, quick stove top) If I do not have to do much to get supper ready, I can do a workout after work, easy peasy, if I have to prep and cook everything I am losing that time. Utilizing my son and husband to also take on part of supper will also have to happen. 

I have had some success this week. I have workout every day this week, even done some intense strength exercises after finishing a cardio. I feel good, like  I have extra energy, I am sleeping better. My food is better and I am making better choices and avoiding those tasty snacks that do not have a lot of nutritional value. I have lost weight, but what I think is more exciting is having lost 4.5% body fat. 

I took my measurements this week, most are exactly where they were six months ago, but my belly bloat is down by 4 inches which is saying something to the things I have been doing. 

Today I am tired, but I spent time in a hot tub yesterday and was up late with an early morning wake up, it's been all good and I already finished my workout, so tomorrow I will do my meal prepping and figure out how to make this stick. The only person stopping me from reaching my goals is me.




No comments:

Post a Comment